One of the common questions around Design Console 11g is: if there is no installer anymore, how do I get it working on my desktop/laptop without installing the whole Identity and Access Management pack?
This is an easy task and this post describes the steps for getting it done:
1. If you don't have a JDK 1.6 in your laptop, you will have to install it.
2. Run the configuration script for OIM once again. The script is available at $IAM_HOME/bin (where IAM_HOME is the folder where the ‘Identity and Access Management Pack’ was installed). You have to run the ‘config.sh’ that is available at $IAM_HOME/bin folder and NOT the one available at ‘$IAM_HOME/common/bin/config.sh’
3. In the configuration wizard, select ‘Design Console’ checkbox ONLY.
4. In the next screen, enter the OIM server host and port name. The wizard will configure the Design Console files for you
5. Copy the ‘$WL_HOME/server/lib/wlfullclient.jar’ to ‘$IAM_HOME/designconsole/ext’. If the wlfullclient.jar hasn’t been generated yet, follow the steps available here to generate it.
6. Using your favorite FTP/SCP tool, copy the whole ‘$IAM_HOM/designconsole’ folder and its contents to your laptop/desktop
- "@loc\java\bin\java" - '@loc' points to your JDK installation
- "-DXL.HomeDir=@loc" - '@loc' will be $DC_HOME/designconsole