1. HealthCheck URL
- User data store connectivity
- Policy store connectivity
- Validate credentials collector is reachable
- NAP service connectivity (WebGates use NAP service to communicate with OAM server)
- Validate coherence service
If I shutdown user data store that is OVD in this environment, I will get HTTP 404 response back instead of HTTP 200.
2. Monitor Performance Metrics
OAM Server Instance Monitoring
SSO Agent Monitoring
OAM Server Instance or SSO Agent failure detection
3. DMS (Dynamic Monitoring Service) Monitoring
Oracle DMS (Dynamic Monitoring Service) is a key component of Oracle Fusion Middleware that captures and provides an interface to access data regarding component’s performance, state and on-going behavior. It can be leveraged to monitor any Fusion Middleware product. Enterprise Manager also uses DMS service to fetch and report system performance data. The URL to browse DMS (It is an application deployed on OAM domain Admin Server) is, http://$ADMIN_SERVER_HOST:$ADMIN_SERVER_PORT/dms Replace $ADMIN_SERVER_HOST with hostname of OAM Admin server and replace $ADMIN_SERVER_PORT with OAM Admin server port number. There are number of OAM metrics (as shown in the screen below with Red ink) that you can check.
More information about DMS monitoring and its effective usage can be found here.