Correctly making durable edits to oam-config,xml involves the following steps, which must always be followed exactly.
- 1. Shut down the entire domain, including the WebLogic Admin Server and all OAM Managed Servers
- 2. Locate the correct "oam-config.xml" file. This will be located on the Admin Server node in the following location: <DOMAIN_HOME>/config/fmwconfig/oam-config.xml
- 3. Make a backup of the existing file prior to editing
- 4. When editing the file, be sure to increment the version number by 1 to ensure that the changes are not overwritten by the console. See below for details on how to do this.
- 5. Once the change has been saved, restart the WebLogic Admin Server, followed by the OAM Managed Servers.
- 6. As a verification step, check <DOMAIN_HOME>/config/fmwconfig/oam-config.xml on each of the OAM Managed Server nodes to ensure that the updated version has propagated correctly.
<Setting xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" Name="NGAMConfiguration" Type="htf:map"> ... <Setting Name="Version" Type="xsd:integer">175</Setting> ... </Setting>In our case, we would need to increment the number from "175" to "176" prior to saving oam-config.xml.